We use the term "Employed Legal Assistant" to describe those persons who work as employees or contract legal assistants for only one law firm, administrative agency or corporation.
If you are an "Employed Legal Assistant," you must file the following items as part of your initial application to register with the King County Bar Association Legal Assistant Program:
- Initial Application form;
- A letter of recommendation from your Responsible Attorney;
- An Affidavit of the Responsible Attorney;
- Affidavit of Applicant;
- A copy of your degree or school certificate;
- List and provide verification of participation in at least two recent legal education seminars, one in ethics and one in your law field if you do not hold an AA paralegal degree or certificate;
- Pay a registration fee of $35.00.
Please print and complete the forms below:
|Affidavit of Responsible Attorney:
|Affidavit of Applicant: