Neighborhood Legal Clinics Brochure Legal Resources and Assistance Brochure Clinic Resource Box Materials Volunteer Opportunities
HOW TO PREPARE
- Decide on the desired outcome or goal.
- Schedule an appointment at a Neighborhood Legal Clinic.
- Write a list of specific questions for the attorney.
- Bring to the clinic appointment:
- Agreements or contracts (signed or proposed)
- Written rules or policies
- Court orders
- Court papers served on you or that you filed with the court
- All letters or emails to and from person or business with whom you have the disagreement
- Specific paperwork related to the case. For example, employee handbook, parenting plan, child support order, protection order, lease, rental agreement
- Organize any paperwork from most recent on the top to oldest at the bottom.
- Identify all deadlines.
- Tell the legal clinic volunteer about these deadlines.
- Remember you only have 30 minutes. Be prepared to tell the history of the legal issue to the legal clinic volunteer.
- If your legal issue is vacating your criminal record please bring your Washington Access to Criminal History report.
Neighborhood Legal Clinics are drug, alcohol, weapon, violence, aggressive behavior, and threat free.