Uniform Guardianship Act: Title 11 Minor Guardianship, RCW 11.130
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
6.50 Law & Legal CLE Credits
All attendance is via live webcast
The RCW 11.130 new minor guardianship law became effective on January 1, 2021. This training will satisfy the court visitor training requirement.
- Role of Court Visitor vs. GAL
- General Overview of UGA/Minor Guardianships
- Diversity Training
- Procedures in Various Jurisdictions, Overview of Forms, and Best Practices When No Procedures Exist
- Expectations of the Court
- DV Training
- Carry R. Porter | Reed Longyear Malnati & Ahrens PLLC
- Darcia Tudor | Eastside Mediation & Mental Health
- Hon. Eric B. Watness | JAMS, King County Superior Court (Ret.)
- Commissioner Henry H. Judson, III | King County Superior Court
- Hon. Janet M. Helson | Chief Judge, Unified Family Court, King County Superior Court
- Hon. David Whedbee | King County Superior Court
- Eric E. Brunstrom | Aiken St. Louis & Siljeg PS
- Connor Lenz | Family Court Services Manager II, King County Superior Court
- Judy Lin | Family Law Senior Managing Attorney, King County Bar Association
- Celeste E. Miller | Statewide Kinship Care Legal Aid Coordinator, King County Bar Association
- Tracee Parker | Justice for Families Grant Project Manager
- Sarah Zubair | Family Conciliation & Evaluation Specialist, King County Superior Court
King County - Member of the Washington State Bar Association in good standing; AND Five years of experience in the practice of law with at least 50% of that practice in Family, Elder, and/or Dependency law cases. The Court in its discretion may waive the education and experience requirements when the applicant has other substantial relevant educational or professional experience including certification by the as a social worker, mental health therapist or marriage and family counselor, or licensed as a psychologist, nurse or physician, in good standing; and/or experience for master’s level in providing counseling/psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and/or families.
For other counties, please check with the registry manager regarding qualifications and the application process.
Note: This training does NOT satisfy registry requirements for Title 26 Family Law GALs, Adoption GALs, Dependency GALs or Settlement GALs. Completion of this training does not guarantee appointment to any county registry. Title 11 Minor Guardianships GALs must comply with all qualifications and requirements in their respective counties.
If you must cancel, tuition will be refunded less a $15 administrative fee, so long as cancellation is received in writing to CLE@kcba.org by 5:00pm, April 23, 2021. After this date, no refunds will be permitted. However, substitute attendees are welcome.
Please advise KCBA in advance of any condition that may impact your participation at the seminar so we may arrange appropriate and comfortable accommodation in time for the program.