UGA: Minor Guardianships - Where Do We Go From Here?
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
2.50 Law & Legal CLE Credits
All attendance is via live webcast
Please note: This is NOT a GAL training, nor is it a registry training. This is an attempt to review the UGA and its implications for Title 11 GALs
- The Change to Title 11 Minor Guardianships by the UGA
- Court Visitors vs. GALs under the Statute
- When Court Visitors will be Appointed
- Duties of the Court Visitor under the Statute
- From the Perspective of the Commissioners
- Comparison and Contrast
- Julia A. Youngs | J. A. Youngs PLLC
- Commissioner Jacalyn Brudvik | Snohomish County Superior Court
- Commissioner Henry H. Judson, III | King County Superior Court
- Eric E. Brunstrom | Aiken St. Louis & Siljeg PS
- Kay King | Office of Guardianship and Elder Services, Administrative Office of the Courts
- Celeste E. Miller | Statewide Kinship Care Legal Aid Coordinator, King County Bar Association
- Nadia Simpson | Court Operations Supervisor, GAL Program Manager, Ex Parte and Arbitration, King County Superior Court
If you must cancel, tuition will be refunded less a $10 administrative fee, so long as cancellation is received in writing to CLE@kcba.org by 5:00pm, November 27, 2020. After this date, no refunds will be permitted. However, substitute attendees are welcome.
Please advise KCBA in advance of any condition that may impact your participation at the seminar so we may arrange appropriate and comfortable accommodation in time for the program.