Settlement Guardian ad Litem Training
June 11, 2021
Up to 6.75 Law & Legal CLE Credits
All attendance is via live webcast
This is a mandatory training for King County Settlement Guardians ad Litem and is required for initial application and/or to remain on the King County SGAL Registry (SPR 98.16W Registry). For additional information about qualifications for a Settlement Guardian ad Litem, please visit: http://www.courts.wa.gov/court_rules/?fa=court_rules.display&group=sup&ruleid=supspr98.16
If you are already certified, the afternoon session is required to maintain your placement on the King County Registry, but you are welcome to attend the full day program. Please register accordingly.
- SGAL Overview and First Steps
- Negligence & Liability Basics
- Defendant’s Perspective
- Assessing Damages & Apportionment
- Insurance Coverage and Available Assets
- Making a Recommendation about Reasonableness
- Claims Against the Recovery
- Management of Settlement Proceeds
- The Pro Se Plaintiff
- View from the Bench
- King County Superior Court Registry Procedures
- Commissioner Bradford G. Moore | King County Superior Court
- Joshua L. Brothers | Brothers & Henderson, P.S.
- Nadia Simpson | King County Superior Court
- Andrew L. Benjamin | Benjamin Law Group PLLC
- Bradford J. Fulton | Carter & Fulton, P.S.
- Tyler Goldberg-Hoss | Chemnick Moen & Greenstreet
- David S. Heller | David Heller Law Firm PLLC
- Jo-Hanna Read | Law Office of Jo-Hanna Read
- Suzanne Thompson Wininger | RN, BSN & Attorney at Law
- Roy A. Umlauf | Forsberg & Umlauf, P.S.
- Patricia A. Willner | Attorney at Law
If you must cancel, tuition will be refunded less a $25 administrative fee, so long as cancellation is received in writing to CLE@kcba.org by 5:00pm, June 8, 2021. After this date, no refunds will be permitted. However, substitute attendees are welcome.
Please advise KCBA in advance of any condition that may impact your participation at the seminar so we may arrange appropriate and comfortable accommodation in time for the program.