Representing Caregivers in King County Minor Guardianship Cases
King County Bar Associations’ Kinship Care Solutions Project
Paul McVicker, Managing Staff Attorney, Presenter
Please RSVP to Paul McVicker at firstname.lastname@example.org When registering, please include: • first and last name • preferred email address for streaming invite • Bar number (if applicable).
This CLE is FREE to volunteers willing to accept a case for pro bono representation
Wednesday, October 05, 2022, 2:00pm – 4:30pm Registration required - Attendance via Zoom
WSBA CLE Credits Pending
- 2:00 PM- 2:05PM Welcome and Introduction
- 2:05 PM- 2:15PM Notes on Nonparental Custody; Overview of Uniform Guardianship
- 2:15 PM- 3:00PM Overview and Related Provisions under RCW 11.130
- 3:00 PM- 3:10PM Break
- 3:10 PM- 4:10PM King County Process – Rules, Forms and Procedures
- 4:10 PM- 4:30PM Questions/ Review cases.
Biography: Paul McVicker recently joined the KCBA as Managing Staff Attorney for the Kinship Care Solutions Project. The Project recruits, trains, and mentors pro bono attorneys who handle minor guardianship cases in King County for low-income families where children are at-risk. Prior to joining KCBA, Paul was in private practice in King County engaged in family law mediation and litigation and previously was engaged in the private practice of law in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, often representing children in contested custody cases.