Member Services Program Assistant
The King County Bar Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
This position provides administrative support for the Member Services Program. The position reports directly to the Member Services Director
The program assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Member Services Team with all aspects of the King County Bar Association member services program
- Support the Members Services Team in planning and executing events
- Coordinate Zoom production of member service programs
- Process recordings of member service programs including video editing and posting of content
- Process vendor invoices
- Manage multiple group inboxes
- Reconciles program payments
- Enter data into the state bar database and follows established procedures to maintain online seminar records and transcripts for audit purposes
- Assists with email and print marketing campaigns
- Develops program content for the KCBA website
- Assists with special projects, and other administrative duties as needed
WHO YOU ARE
A team player who has the following skills:
- Ability to work well with volunteers, association members and members of the public in a professional and collegial manner.
- Proven ability to handle administrative details independently and use good judgment to keep team members updated.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with event planning, program management and working with lawyers preferred
- Deadline driven and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Proficiency in using new technologies and demonstrated familiarity with social media, networking, video streaming, and video conferencing
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects from beginning to end, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and great attention to detail, strong problem-solving and research abilities.
- High level of working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as other technology such as Adobe and Google products.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Presents a professional business office appearance and demeanor.
And who has the following education and experience:
- College degree or relevant life experience
- Strong experience in writing, multi-tasking, and communicating with all members of the community
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, over 55 staff and an annual budget of over $6,000,000. As an equal opportunity employer, KCBA is committed to upholding an equity and justice-based organizational environment for the public, the client communities it serves, its members, its Boards, its staff and its volunteers. This means the organization actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork, and productivity among people who are diverse in work background; lived and professional experience; immigration status and citizenship; education; race and ethnicity; national origin; sexual orientation; age; indigenous group membership; religious preference; marital status; sensory, mental, and physical abilities; social class; gender identity; veteran status, as well as other differences relevant to equity and justice. The resulting diversity is both a source of organizational strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness.
Please note, one of KCBA’s programs supports attorneys working with parents and guardians of at risk children. As a result, certain convictions would make an applicant ineligible. The King County Bar Association requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, have questions regarding eligibility, or have vaccination questions, contact Len Roden at email@example.com.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours/week) based in Seattle, WA with flexible hours as needed to cover evening meetings and events. Salary is $50,000 annually, with excellent benefits. Benefits include employer-paid healthcare, 401k plan with automatic employer contribution, subsidized transit pass, flexible spending account, professional development opportunities, paid vacation, sick leave, and more.
Priority will be given to those who apply by 5:00 p.m. on June 17, 2022 via email. Make “Member Services Program Assistant” your subject line and send a letter of interest and resume to: HR@kcba.org.