King County Bar Association
Member Services Assistant
The King County Bar Association (KCBA) is the largest voluntary bar in Washington. We provide support for our members, promote a just and accessible legal system, and strive to benefit the community through pro bono services. KCBA is looking for a new team member who likes to have fun at work, is a great team player and is willing to jump in and help where needed. If this describes you…come talk to us about our KCBA family! The Member Services Assistant works under the Membership Director to help plan events, assist with the annual membership campaign, and coordinate Young Lawyers Division (YLD) activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare reports and agendas for YLD board meetings.
- Schedule and set-up meetings for all YLD committees.
- Provide support for all YLD events by assisting with set-up, check-in, and take down.
- Coordinate event promotion through updating print ads, composing emails, and prepping language for the website and posting on Facebook.
- Manages RSVPs for events through Eventbrite and email.
- Collaborate on yearly membership campaign. Includes assisting with timeline, drafting emails and letters, and helping design marketing materials.
- Processes all credit card payments for membership dues by entering payments into iMIS.
- Provide support for 4 of the 11 active practice sections that meet monthly.
- Point of contact for membership inquires in-person, through email, and by phone.
- Work with the Federal Bar Association to promote their events, coordinate membership efforts, and handle registrations for their events.
- Help with prep the day before and set-up and registration for KCBA’s three large, annual events.
- Coordinate biannual Attorney Admission ceremonies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- College degree required
- A minimum of two years events, marketing or program coordination experience required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work variable hours
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with Word (including mail-merge functions), Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to well with others and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
- iMIS or InDesign experience a plus.
Schedule & Salary: 40 hours/week.
Salary range: $35,000 - $37,000, plus excellent benefits.
This is a non-exempt, 40 hour/week (full-time) position, primarily Monday – Friday. Occasional weekend, early morning and later evening work, as needed to staff and assist programs and events.