This position provides administrative support in the Member Services Department. The position reports to Continuing Legal Education/Events Senior Manager. The Member Services Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the CLE Senior Manager with all aspects of King County Bar Association (KCBA) educational programs.
- Generates correspondence to faculty regarding program details, deadlines and logistics. Provides follow-up evaluation information.
- Assembles course materials in electronic and print format for CLE programs.
- Creates, designs, writes, develops and produces event promotional materials, including, but not limited to, brochures, email promotions, registration forms, attendee confirmation letters and signage.
- Assists with all event logistics for CLE programs including, but not limited to, speaker logistics, audio-visual needs and catering. Responsible for setup and breakdown of classrooms when utilizing non-hotel function space and all aspects of on-site event logistics for seminars.
- Provides timely postings of program offerings for print, web, email lists and other marketing media.
- Assists with online and print CLE marketing campaigns.
- Works with the CLE Senior Manager to ensure that KCBA CLE website is accurate and current.
- Enters registration information and ensures accuracy in the KCBA membership and events database. Enters data into the state bar database and follows established procedures to maintain online seminar records and transcripts for audit purposes. Reconciles financial reports.
- Responds to telephone, email and in-person inquiries.
- Provides other administrative support as needed within the office.
- Ability to work well with volunteers, association members and members of the public in a professional and collegial manner.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects from beginning to end, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Excellent written, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Proficient in math and basic computation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs; familiar with Excel, Access and relational database management; experience with iMIS a plus.
- Knowledge of graphic design software is preferred; PageMaker or InDesign a plus.
- Skill at solving problems and making on-the-spot decisions;
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. and manipulate heavy equipment carts.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Be adaptable, flexible and able to professionally manage last minute scheduling and programming changes.
- Must present a professional business office appearance and demeanor.
- Be able to work with KCBA colleagues in a professional, amicable and team-oriented manner.
Education: College degree preferred; high school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of two years of previous clerical experience preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt full time position, 40 hour/week, primarily Monday – Friday. Occasional weekend, early morning and later evening work, as needed to staff and assist member services programs and events. Salary range $34,000 - $36,000 depending on experience. Benefits include employer-paid healthcare, dental and vision, 401k plan with automatic employer contribution, life and short/long term disability insurance, subsidized transit pass, flexible spending account, professional development opportunities, and more.
About the King County Bar Association:
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 38 staff and an annual budget of $4,000,000. The Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy. KCBA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, or, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or presence of a disability.Learn more at www.kcba.org.
Please electronically submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications for this position, a resume, and three references by 5:00pm Friday, April 6, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.