The King County Bar Association’s Pro Bono Services (PBS) seeks a Legal Case Management Specialist to provide legal and case management support for the Family Law Mentor Program. The Family Law Mentor Program provides pro bono representation to domestic violence survivors in contested dissolutions, parenting plan and parentage cases. The Legal Case Management Specialist will work with the Managing Attorney and Staff Attorney for the Family Law Mentor Program who will oversee assignments and provide legal supervision.
General Information: The Legal Case Management Specialist provides trauma-informed support to clients as they seek advice and representation with domestic violence protection orders and/or a family law cases. Client support is provided throughout the various phases of the case from initial client contact through the completion of legal representation.
Reports to: Senior Managing Attorney, Family Law Mentor Program
- Conduct client interviews to assess legal and non-legal needs, and support clients as they navigate legal options and the legal process;
- Assist clients with ongoing safety planning and coordinate client access to community resources;
- Provide legal assistance and draft legal pleadings as necessary under Attorney supervision;
- Facilitate client and pro bono attorney relationships;
- Accompany clients to court hearings as needed;
- Manage case referrals and monitor cases to ensure quality control;
- Collaborate and promote community relationships between the Family Law Mentor Program and domestic violence advocates, legal service organizations, and other community partners;
- Assist with recruiting and supervising interns, externs and volunteers as assigned;
- Provide administrative support including organizing trainings, and managing client and volunteer data;
- Participate in KCBA or Pro Bono Services projects or initiatives as needed.
- A minimum of one year prior domestic violence work experience required;
- Knowledge of family law desired but not required;
- Experience working with diverse clients and communities;
- Strong crisis management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Fluency in a language other than English desired but not required;
- Good organizational and communication (written and oral) skills;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Four year college degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Schedule, Travel, & Salary:
This is an exempt full-time position requiring occasional local travel within King County. Salary range is $37,000 - $41,000 yearly, DOE with excellent benefits. Benefits include employer-paid healthcare, 401K plan with automatic employer contribution, subsidized transit pass, flexible spending account, professional development opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave and more.
About the King County Bar Association:
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 40 staff and an annual budget of over $4,000,000. KCBA promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy. KCBA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or presence of a disability. Learn more at www.KCBA.org.
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position, and three references by 5:00 p.m. February 18, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
King County Bar Association
Attention: Human Resources
1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 700
Seattle, WA 98101