King County Bar Association (KCBA) is looking for a new team member who is highly organized, likes to have fun at work, is a great team player, is willing to jump in and help where needed and is excited to continually take on new challenges. If this describes you…talk to us about joining our KCBA family!
This position helps individuals navigate the legal community and provides training to attorneys who use our service. Additional duties include providing support for the member benefits program, membership renewal campaigns and events.
This position is part of the Member Services Department, which provides support to 5600 member attorneys and reports to the Member Services Director.
About the King County Bar:
The KCBA promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
Founded in 1886, the King County Bar is the largest voluntary bar association in the state of Washington, with over 5,500 members, 45 staff members and an annual budget of approximately $4,000,000. For further information, please visit the KCBA website at www.kcba.org.
- Provide training to Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) attorneys on new referral software
- Conduct and coordinate onboarding of new LRS attorneys
- Coordinate welcome breakfast for new LRS attorneys and legal assistants
- Conduct LRS client follow up & satisfaction surveys
- Provide LRS phone support for clients who wish to hire an attorney (25% - 50% depending on staff vacations)
- Conduct case status follow ups with LRS attorneys
- Coordinate monthly LRS Committee meetings
- Assist with new KCBA member welcome program and engagement campaign
- Coordinate member benefits program and strengthen relationship with vendors
- Help with event preparations for KCBA’s three large, annual events
- Provide support for smaller events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must enjoy and thrive when working in a team environment
- Possess a positive attitude and exhibit professional behavior with clients, members and co-workers
- College degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Legal experience preferred – prefer two year’s’ experience or paralegal certificate
- Customer/client service, (heavy phone contact
- Significant experience with Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent listening skills, required
- Strong ability to remain calm when working with difficult clients
- Experience with database use and data entry
- Event or marketing coordination experience, preferred but not required
- Experience with design software, such as In-Design, preferred but not required
Schedule and Salary:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours/week). Typical hours are Monday – Friday 8 am- 5pm, but will vary as needed for some evening meetings and events. Salary range: $37,000-40,000, DOE, with excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare coverage; public transit subsidy, and 401K plan with automatic employer contributions after one year of service. Employees earn three weeks of paid vacation the first year of employment, with an increase to four weeks in the second year.
KCBA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, or, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or presence of a disability.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that explains why you believe you should be interviewed and how your experience relates to the position. Please do not transmit your materials through an online job service. Send materials directly by email only (no paper copies please) by August 26, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.