KCBA MEMBER SERVICES COORDINATOR
The King County Bar Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
This position coordinates and provides administrative support for the member services department including the Association’s Section and Committee programs. The position reports directly to the Member Services Associate and indirectly to the Associate Executive Director.
- Maintain the master calendar - reserving conference rooms for Board, section, committee and staff meetings;
- Coordinate staff services for committee and section meetings, including IT support, conference call support, CLE credit registration and reporting;
- Assist committee and section chairs in finding meeting speakers;
- Attend committee or section meetings as appropriate for program familiarization.
- Manage and update committee and section files;
- Maintain and update committee, section and leadership rosters;
- Create weekly calendar and yearly calendar of meetings for staff and website;
- Manages RSVPs for events through Eventbrite, the KCBA website and email.
- Collaborate on yearly membership campaign. Includes assisting with timeline, drafting emails and letters, and helping design marketing materials.
- Processes credit card payments for membership dues by entering payments into iMIS.
- Serve as a point of contact for membership inquiries in-person, through email, and by phone.
- Help with prep the day before and set-up and registration for KCBA’s three large, annual events.
- Coordinate biannual Attorney Admission ceremonies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
A team player who has the following skills:
- Ability to work well with volunteers, association members and members of the public in a professional and collegial manner.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects from beginning to end, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work variable hours (occasional evening and weekends)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with technology including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 40lbs.
- Database and experience with basic development of marketing materials a plus.
And who has the following education and experience:
- College degree or relevant life experience
- A minimum of two years of events, marketing or program coordination experience desired.
- Strong experience in writing, multi-tasking, and communicating with all members of the community
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 45 staff and an annual budget of over $4,000,000. As an equal opportunity employer, KCBA is committed to upholding an equity and justice-based organizational environment for the public, the client communities it serves, its members, its Boards, its staff and its volunteers. This means the organization actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork, and productivity among people who are diverse in work background; lived and professional experience; immigration status and citizenship; education; race and ethnicity; national origin; sexual orientation; age; indigenous group membership; religious preference; marital status; sensory, mental, and physical abilities; social class; gender identity; veteran status, as well as other differences relevant to equity and justice. The resulting diversity is both a source of organizational strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness. Please note, one of KCBA’s programs supports attorneys working with parents and guardians of at risk children. As a result, certain convictions would make an applicant ineligible. The King County Bar Association requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, have questions regarding eligibility, or have vaccination questions contact Len Roden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours/week) based in Seattle, WA with flexible hours as needed to cover evening meetings and events. Salary range is $40,000 - $43,000 yearly (depends on experience), with excellent benefits including employer-paid healthcare coverage; public transit subsidy, and 401K plan with automatic employer contributions after one year of service.
Applications are due October 1, 2021 via email. Make “Member Services Coordinator” your subject line and send a letter of interest and resume to: HR@kcba.org.