KING COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
The King County Bar Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
Reports to the Executive Director. Provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director. This is a part-time position.
- Scheduling & executive meeting planning and distributing necessary materials
- Catering and meeting room set up (for in-person in-house meetings)
- Generate acknowledgement letters
- Board support through monthly packets, resource folders, taking notes during meetings, etc.
- Code and reconcile Executive Director receipts, invoices, expenses, and monthly credit card charges
- Executive event planning assistance for Foundation board
- Annually bind newsletter, update Board and leadership rosters, letterhead, website and database listservs
- Arrange photo shoots, photography, and framing as needed
- Travel planning, booking, and itineraries as needed
- Purchase/order gifts/flowers/cakes/gift cards (for births, weddings, bereavements, surgeries etc.) as needed
- May create complex documents, surveys, and reports
- Draft routine communications on behalf of directors
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
A team player who has the following skills:
- Positive, engaging, intelligent, and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects from beginning to end, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Possess a strong work ethic, be adaptable, flexible, and able to professionally manage last minute scheduling changes
- Have a demonstrated passion for the KCBA mission and be able to work with KCBA peers in a professional, respectful, and collaborative manner
And who has the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience preferred
- Minimum three years of prior complex administrative experience required
- Strong experience in writing, multi-tasking, and communicating with all members of the community
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 45 staff and an annual budget of over $4,000,000. As an equal opportunity employer, KCBA is committed to upholding an equity and justice-based organizational environment for the public, the client communities it serves, its members, its Boards, its staff and its volunteers. This means the organization actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork, and productivity among people who are diverse in work background; lived and professional experience; immigration status and citizenship; education; race and ethnicity; national origin; sexual orientation; age; indigenous group membership; religious preference; marital status; sensory, mental, and physical abilities; social class; gender identity; veteran status, as well as other differences relevant to equity and justice. The resulting diversity is both a source of organizational strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness.
Please note, one of KCBA’s programs supports attorneys working with parents and guardians of at risk children. As a result, certain convictions would make an applicant ineligible. The King County Bar Association requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, have questions regarding eligibility, or have vaccination questions, contact Len Roden at email@example.com.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position based in Seattle, WA. Salary range is $27,500 – $30,600 yearly (depends on experience), with excellent benefits. Benefits include employer-paid healthcare, 401k plan with automatic employer contribution, subsidized transit pass, flexible spending account, professional development opportunities, paid vacation, sick leave, and more.
Applications are due 10/8/21 via email. Make “Executive Assistant” your subject line and send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to: HR@kcba.org.