The King County Bar Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
This position coordinates and provides administrative support for Continuing Legal Education programs. The position reports directly to the Member Services Director.
The Education Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating and assisting the Member Services Director with all aspects of King County Bar Association educational programs.
- Work with Member Services Director and stakeholders to assess learning needs and priorities and to plan a continuum of educational programs (such as seminars, webcasts, and webinars); and to evaluate the success and impact of the educational programs offered
- Generates correspondence to faculty regarding program details, deadlines and logistics. Provides follow-up evaluation information.
- Assembles and ensures distribution of course materials for CLE programs.
- Collaborates on program marketing materials including design, relevant copy and production of program promotional materials, including, but not limited to program, brochures, email promotions, registration forms, attendee confirmation letters and signage.
- Coordinate and administer Zoom production of CLE programs.
- Process recordings of CLE programs including editing and posting of content
- Coordinate all event logistics for CLE programs including, but not limited to, speaker logistics, audio-visual needs and catering. Responsible for setup and breakdown of classrooms when utilizing non-hotel function space and all aspects of on-site event logistics for seminars.
- Provides timely postings of program offerings for print, web, email lists and other marketing media.
- Assists with online and print CLE marketing campaigns.
- Develop CLE content for the KCBA website
- Develop relevant surveys and analyzes response data
- Reconciles registrations received with registration payments received. Enters registration information and ensures accuracy in the KCBA membership and events database. Enters data into the state bar database and follows established procedures to maintain online seminar records and transcripts for audit purposes.
- Responds to telephone, email and in-person inquiries.
- Assists with other member service activities and other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
A team player who has the following skills:
- Ability to work well with volunteers, association members and members of the public in a professional and collegial manner.
- Proven ability to handle administrative details independently and use good judgment to keep team members updated.
- Experience with event planning, adult educations, program management and working with lawyers preferred.
- Deadline driven and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Proficiency in using new technologies and demonstrated familiarity with social media, networking, video streaming, and video conferencing
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects from beginning to end, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Excellent written, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and great attention to detail; strong problem-solving and research abilities. Proficient in math and basic computation.
- High level of working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as other technology such as Adobe and Google products.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 40lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Presents a professional business office appearance and demeanor.
And who has the following education and experience:
- College degree or relevant life experience
- Minimum three years of prior complex administrative experience required
- Strong experience in writing, multi-tasking, and communicating with all members of the community
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 4,000 attorney members, over 60 staff members and an annual budget of $8,000,000. As a unionized workplace and an equal opportunity employer, KCBA is committed to upholding an equity and justice-based organizational environment for the public, the client communities it serves, its members, its Boards, its staff and its volunteers. This means the organization actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork, and productivity among people who are diverse in work background; lived and professional experience; immigration status and citizenship; education; race and ethnicity; national origin; sexual orientation; age; indigenous group membership; religious preference; marital status; sensory, mental, and physical abilities; social class; gender identity; veteran status, as well as other differences relevant to equity and justice. The resulting diversity is both a source of organizational strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness.
Please note, one of KCBA’s programs supports attorneys working with parents and guardians of at risk children. As a result, certain convictions would make an applicant ineligible. The King County Bar Association requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, have questions regarding eligibility, or have vaccination questions, contact Len Roden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours/week) based in Seattle, WA, with fexible hours as needed to cover evening meetings and events. Salary range is $50,000 to $52,000 annually with excellent benefits. Benefits include employer-paid healthcare, 401k plan with automatic employer contribution, subsidized transit pass, flexible spending account, professional development opportunities, paid vacation, sick leave, and more.
Priority will be given to those who apply by 5:00 p.m., January 9, 2023, however we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. Make “Education Coordinator” your subject line and send a letter of interest that addresses any lived or professional experience that explain your qualifications for this role, resume, and three references to: HR@kcba.org.