A contract legal assistant is a legal assistant who works for more than one law firm, administrative agency or corporation. The contract legal assistant works under the direct supervision of an attorney who can be considered to be the sponsoring attorney.
If you are a "Contract Legal Assistant," you must file the following items as part of your initial application to register with the King County Bar Association Legal Assistant Program:
- Initial Application form
- Sponsoring Attorney’s Affidavit
- A letter of recommendation from your Sponsoring Attorney,
- Affidavit of the Responsible Attorney for each law firm for which you perform services;
- Affidavit of Applicant
- A copy of your degree or school certificate
- List and provide verification of participation in at least two recent legal education seminars, 1 in ethics and 1 in your law field if you do not hold an AA paralegal degree or certificate;
- Pay a registration fee of $60.00.
Please print and complete the forms below:
|Sponsoring Attorney’s Affidavit:
|Affidavit of Applicant: