Membership Services and Administrative Asssistant
KING COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
This position provides administrative support for staff in the Executive and Development offices. The position reports primarily to the Associate Executive Director, and as required to the Development Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides administrative support for Associate Executive Director and Development Manager including calendaring of meetings, conference calls and coordination and execution of community calendar submissions.
- Helps plan and execute events and other programs designed to develop long-term relationships with donors, advertisers and members. Coordinates with vendors, and performs other event-related logistical and administrative tasks.
- Supports the preparation of administrative and fundraising reports and proposals, donor recognition lists, presentations, and other materials for use by the senior staff.
- Prepares prospect lists, researches and creates donor profiles, and updates donor files.
- Enters vendor, donor and member information into appropriate databases, identifies ways to maximize the features of the databases, and helps establish data entry standards.
- Coordinates internal and external mailings, preparing mailing lists, mail package contents, and collaborates with senior staff on content.
- Generates pledge and invoice reminders, acknowledgement letters, and other donor, vendor and member communications.
- Coordinates publication schedule for KCBA activities and programs with KCBA staff, the Bar Bulletin editor, and production team.
- Maintain advertising spreadsheet, assists with ad sales and distribution of marketing materials to advertisers. Receives materials from advertisers and KCBA staff and coordinates with graphic designer.
- Assists to create new advertising opportunities for publications.
- Provides exceptional client service to members, donors and other partners by responding to their requests promptly and personally.
- Assists with special projects, and other administrative duties as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including English grammar, spelling, editing and punctuation.
- Experience with donor database or CRM software, RaisersEdge is a plus.
- High level of working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as other technology such as Adobe and Google products.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and great attention to detail; strong problem-solving and research abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and work gracefully under pressure.
- Proven ability to handle administrative details independently and use good judgment to keep team members updated.
- Ability to work in support of and collaboratively with a range of people at all levels, including management and staff, board members, donors, contractors, outside vendors, and suppliers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality for all organizational, personnel, and research matters.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability when working in a fast changing environment.
Schedule & Salary:
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; 40 hours/week.
Salary range: $30,500 - $33,000, plus excellent benefits.
This is a non-exempt, 40 hour/week (full-time) position, primarily Monday – Friday. Occasional weekend, early morning and later evening work, as needed to staff and assist with KCBA programs and events.
Education: College degree preferred; high school diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of two years of previous clerical experience preferred.
About the King County Bar Association:
Our Mission: The King County Bar Association provides support to its diverse membership; promotes a just, collegial and accessible legal system and profession; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence in the administration of justice; strives to benefit the community through its own efforts and those of its Foundation; and offers opportunities for public service and input into matters of public policy.
Founded in 1886 and incorporated in 1906, the King County Bar Association is the largest voluntary bar association in the state of Washington, with over 5,400 members, 35 staff members and an annual budget of approximately $3,000,000. For further information, please visit the KCBA website at www.kcba.org.
Submit a resume, cover letter and three references to:
King County Bar Association
attn.: Human Resources
1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98101
or by email HR@kcba.org
Applications received by December 6, 2013, will be given preference.
Back to Job List