Superior Court of the State of Washington for Snohomish County
SNOHOMISH COUNTY COURTHOUSE
3000 Rockefeller Avenue
Everett, WA 98201-4060
DEADLINE EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER 22, 2020
Snohomish County Superior Court is accepting applications for the following separate Contract Attorney lists:
- Attorney for Parents in RCW 11.130 Minor Guardianship Custody Actions;
- Attorney for Minors in RCW 11.130 Minor Guardianship Custody Actions.
Successful applicants will receive a contract for an initial one-year period, during which contracted will be expected to provide legal representation for parents or minors, or both, at all stages of the proceedings. Compensation will be at a rate of $115.00 per hour with an initial maximum of 25 hours per case. Appointments will be made on a rotating basis.
More information on the application processcompensation, requests for excess funds, scope of work, evaluation criteria, minimum insurance requirements, and contract terms may be obtained by contacting Jason.Schwarz@co.snohomish.wa.us.
All applications must include:
1. A current resume, outlining the applicant’s professional knowledge, skills, years of experience, training/ certifications, and professional affiliations
2. A cover letter, specifying the list(s) for which the applicant is applying and detailing:
- experience providing legal representation services in family law, dependency, guardianship or similar or related areas of law; and
- experience handling trials, court hearings, discovery, motions, and other legal services requiring appearance and/or the filing of motions, briefs, or other legal pleadings or documentation; and
- experience providing indigent representation services; and
- experience providing representation to minors (if applying to that list)
3. A list of at least three references, each of whom has observed the attorney’s legal expertise within the past three (3) years. Briefly describe the attorney’s relationship to each reference, and for each reference provide a current contact name, email and phone number.
4. A copy of the applicant’s Washington State Bar Association card and proof of professional liability insurance of at least $1,000,000 per claim, or willingness to obtain the same
5. A signed release allowing the Washington State Bar Association to disclose complaint and resolution information to the Court Administrator. ( A copy of the disclosure form is available on the court’s website or by contacting Janine Bombach)
All applications must be postmarked or received by DECEMBER 22, 2020 and addressed to:
Snohomish County Office of Public Defense
Attn: Jason Schwarz
3000 Rockefeller Avenue, M/S 209
Everett, WA 98201
The names of the applicants and application documents are not confidential. Input will be solicited from the Snohomish County Bar Association, specialty Bar groups and the public.