At the begining of every year the YLD Board of Trustees invites members to nominate a young lawyers (defined as those in the first five years of practice, or up to the age of 36) whom they feel deserves the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award.
The Award is intended to recognize any combination of the following:
- Substantial contributions to the legal profession of a legal or non-legal nature, and/or
- Substantial contributions to the King County Bar Association, and/or
- Substantial contributions to the community, and/or
- Demonstrated excellence in their legal practice.
A Nominating Committee, operating under total confidentiality, will consider all nominees and decide who best meets the criteria for the award. The award will then be presented during KCBA’s Annual Awards Dinner held in June and a profile of the recipient will be featured in the June edition of the Bar Bulletin.
Winner of the 2016 Award: Taki Flevaris
The YLD is currently seeking nominations (as of 11/16/16)
To nominate a young lawyer, please send the following to Chelsea Harris at email@example.com or KCBA,1200 5th Ave., Suite 700, Seattle, WA 98101:
- A resume or brief biography of the nominee.
- A brief letter detailing how your nominee embodies the traits above and why the nominee deserves the Outstanding Young Lawyer Award.
Deadline for nominations is February 10th, 2017.