Who’s Your Friend?
Learn How to Find and Use Social Media Profiles for Investigative and Background Research and as Evidence…Ethically
Thursday, August 22, 2019
3.00 Ethics CLE Credits
In this afternoon session, you will learn how to::
- Successfully navigate through social media sites to find social media profiles.
- Obtain opposing parties’ profiles via discovery and use them as evidence during trial.
- Avoid potential social media ethical traps as the speakers review ethics rules, opinions, and guidelines, in addition to court opinions.
- Receive social media research instruction and ethics tips.
- Attendees also receive a copy of their book which includes an 80-page chapter dedicated to Social Media research and summaries of social media ethics opinions and court opinions The Cybersleuth’s Guide to the Internet, 14th edition revised (2018). A $64.95 value!
Carole A. Levitt, Esq. President of Internet for Lawyers and Mark E. Rosch, Vice-President, have been internationally recognized CLE seminar speakers—full-time since 1999 and best-selling ABA Law Practice Division authors. Their areas of expertise are: Internet investigative, legal, and social media research; social media ethics; Google search; and Google cloud Apps. Together, Mark and Carole have authored hundreds of Internet research articles and co-authored six ABA Law Practice Division (ABA LPD) books. They have also co-authored fourteen editions of IFL Press’s The Cybersleuth's Guide to the Internet.
Please Note: If you must cancel, tuition will be refunded less a $40 administrative fee, so long as cancellation is received in writing CLE@kcba.org by 5:00pm, August 19 2019. After this date, no refunds will be permitted. However, substitute attendees are welcome.
Please advise KCBA in advance of any condition that may impact your participation at the seminar so we may arrange appropriate and comfortable accommodation in time for the program.