Receptionist/ Admin Assistant
The King County Bar Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
Reports to the Operations/Administration Senior Manager. This position provides reception and general office support for the staff of the King County Bar Association.
- Answer multi-line Avaya telephone system and route incoming calls, faxes and emails to appropriate team members or refer to appropriate outside agencies
- Receive and announce clients and visitors
- Respond to inquiries regarding legal services available from KCBA and outside agencies, maintain up to date referral information
- Update daily staff sheet and note those staff that are not in the office that day
- Schedule conferences rooms on meeting calendar; route and update weekly schedule, post in house and online
- Receive/facilitate messenger, USPS, UPS and FedEx deliveries
- Maintain daily staff sign-out log and staff telephone extension list
- Post signs for all holidays, meetings etc.
- Scan, Fax, Copy as requested by Admin staff
- Process returned mail and other address changes in database
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail
- From incoming mail, receive funds and log checks and other income into Excel spreadsheet; process payments through check scanning system
- Collect fees for renewals, registrations, sale of publications and in house classes/seminars
- Prepare check payment requests and electronic backup
- Track and maintain electronic files and records
- Maintain mailroom stock and order office supplies needed
- Alert building and individual maintenance service desk to suite facilities needs
- Back up meeting and mail room support activities as needed
- Clean up Kitchen, put dishes away, start dishwasher, clean counters & table
- Start morning coffee in staff kitchen; restock kitchen items
- Manage parking validations as approved and prepare monthly expense report
- Support HR in tracking and filing job applications on Teams
- Order business cards and name plates
- Perform other related clerical tasks as required
WHO YOU ARE
A team player who has the following skills:
- A people person with strong communication skills and a positive attitude;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to meet strict timelines;
- Flexible and adept at multi-tasking;
- Bilingual / Spanish speaking skills preferred;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
And who has the following education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Previous reception and office experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of office machines and data entry;
- General accounting knowledge a plus
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 4,000 attorney members, over 60 staff members and an annual budget of $8,000,000. As a unionized workplace and an equal opportunity employer, KCBA is committed to upholding an equity and justice-based organizational environment for the public, the client communities it serves, its members, its Boards, its staff, and its volunteers. This means the organization actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork, and productivity among people who are diverse in work background; lived and professional experience; immigration status and citizenship; education; race and ethnicity; national origin; sexual orientation; age; indigenous group membership; religious preference; marital status; sensory, mental, and physical abilities; social class; gender identity; veteran status, as well as other differences relevant to equity and justice. The resulting diversity is both a source of organizational strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness. Please note, one of KCBA’s programs supports attorneys working with parents and guardians of at risk children. As a result, certain convictions would make an applicant ineligible. The King County Bar Association requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, have questions regarding eligibility, or have vaccination questions contact Len Roden at email@example.com.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours/week) based in Seattle, W. Salary range is $50,000 - annually, with excellent benefits including employer-paid healthcare coverage; public transit subsidy, and 401K plan with automatic employer contributions after six months of service, and more.
Applications are due August 12, 2022 via email. Make “Receptionist” your subject line and send a letter of interest and resume to: HR@kcba.org.