Public Policy Support Assistant
The KCBA has a part-time opportunity for a law student or attorney to provide support to the Public Policy Committee in the area of referendum and initiatives.
- This is an hourly position that will begin 10/15/19 and end 5/15/20.
- The position will be anywhere from 5-10 hours per week at $16.00/hour.
- The focus of this position will assist in developing resources on the initiative and referendum process to share with the community; community outreach; possibly draft legislation; and participate in meetings.
- This position will work with KCBA member attorneys who are part of the Public Policy Committee and potentially with legislative staff.
- There is significant flexibility on when hours are worked.
- A significant portion of the work can be accomplished remotely.
Preferred qualifications include a basic understanding of the Washington’s initiative and referendum process; comfort in reaching out to potential community partners; familiarity with the legislative process; and preferably experience in drafting and/or reviewing proposed legislation.
As this is a temporary, hourly position with no benefits.
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter to Anne Daly, Associate Executive Director, at AnneD@kcba.org by October 3, 2019.