We currently have two openings that require similar skill sets and qualifications. We will interview a group of applicants who have the most relevant mix of these qualifications before determining which specific position is the best fit for selected applicants and KCBA.
The King County Bar Association (KCBA) is a membership association whose mission includes supporting the professional development of our members, working with the courts to improve procedures & judicial competencies and working with members to develop public policy that affects the local bar. KCBA also encompasses the largest pro bono and civil legal aid program in the state, promoting social justice.
Member Services Assistant
Reports to: Member Services Director
The Member Services Assistant coordinates the membership renewal process, the annual membership campaign, and provides support to members.
The position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the yearly membership campaign. Includes working with department director to develop timeline, draft emails and letters, and work with designer to develop marketing materials.
- Processes membership applications by entering payments and member information into the iMIS database.
- Run and review weekly membership reports with department director.
- Serve as a point of contact for membership inquiries in-person, through email, and phone.
- Coordinate membership, event registrations and marketing emails for Federal Bar Association (FBA) and South King County Bar Association (SKCBA).
- Assist with event preparation, set-up and check-in for KCBA’s three large, annual events.
- Assist with the coordination of biannual attorney admission ceremonies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of one year of events, marketing or program coordination experience preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work variable hours (occasional evening and weekends).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with technology including MS Word,Excel, and Outlook.
- Exhibit professional behavior with clients, members, and co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to well with others and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Database and experience with basic development of marketing materials a plus.
About the King County Bar Association:
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 43 staff and an annual budget of over $4.6 million. KCBA promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy. As an equal opportunity employer KCBA encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply for this position. KCBA defines diversity to refer to the inclusion of individuals who self-identify with those groups historically discriminated against, and which continue to experience the effects of such, and/or who are underrepresented in the legal profession including on the basis of disability, gender, presence of a disability, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. Since KCBA programmatic work includes services provided to families with at risk children by other departments, final offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Schedule, Travel, Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt full-time position based at our downtown Seattle office, though requiring occasional local travel within King County. Work week is Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week and the salary range is $38,000 - $40,000 yearly, depending on experience, with excellent benefits. Benefits include employer-paid healthcare, 401k plan with automatic employer contribution, subsidized transit pass, flexible spending account, professional development opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, and more.
To apply, do not rely on any third party or automated employment service. Instead, please submit a personal cover letter, resume and three references directly to KCBA at email@example.com describing your interest and qualification for working here.
Applications should be received at KCBA by 9 am, Monday, February 24, 2020, for consideration. Resumes without cover letters may not be considered.
Find additional information and other open positions, online at www.kcba.org/jobs.