The King County Bar Association (KCBA) is a membership association whose mission includes supporting the professional development of our members, working with the courts to improve procedures & judicial competencies and working with members to develop public policy that affects the local bar. KCBA also encompasses the largest pro bono and civil legal aid program in the state. KCBA has 5500 members and is the largest voluntary bar association in the state.
KCBA is looking for a highly-organized team member who likes to have fun at work, is a great team player and is willing to jump in and help where needed. If this describes you…come talk to us about our KCBA family! We have very nice office space with lots of windows and natural light.
The Member Services Assistant coordinates events and educational programs, assists with the annual membership campaign, and provides support to the Young Lawyers Division (YLD) Board and YLD activities.
Reports to: Member Services Director
The position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare reports and agendas for YLD board meetings.
- Schedule and set-up meetings for all YLD committees.
- Provide support for all YLD events by assisting with set-up, check-in, and take down.
- Coordinate event promotion through updating print ads, composing emails, and prepping language for the website and posting on Facebook.
- Manages RSVPs for events through Eventbrite, the KCBA website and email.
- Collaborate on yearly membership campaign. Includes assisting with timeline, drafting emails and letters, and helping design marketing materials.
- Processes all credit card payments for membership dues by entering payments into iMIS.
- Serve as a point of contact for membership inquiries in-person, through email, and by phone.
- Work with the Federal Bar Association (FBA) to promote their events, coordinate membership efforts, and handle event registrations.
- Help with prep the day before and set-up and registration for KCBA’s three large, annual events.
- Coordinate biannual Attorney Admission ceremonies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of one year of events, marketing or program coordination experience required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work variable hours (occasional evening and weekends)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with technology including MS Word, case management systems, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to well with others and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Database or Adobe InDesign experience a plus.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours/week). Typical hours are Monday – Friday 8 am- 5pm, but will vary as needed for some evening meetings and events. Salary range: $35,000-40,000, DOE, with excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare coverage; public transit subsidy, and 401K plan with automatic employer contributions after one year of service.
About the King County Bar Association:
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 40 staff and an annual budget of over $4,000,000. KCBA promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy. KCBA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, political ideology, age, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, or presence of a disability. Learn more at www.KCBA.org.
Submit a resume and cover letter by 9:00am Monday, June 10 to:
King County Bar Association
Attn: Human Resources
1200 5th Ave, Suite 700
Seattle, WA 98101
Or Email to: HR@kcba.org