IT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
The King County Bar Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
The IT Support Assistant has the primary responsibility to assist with the management and coordination of all information technology needs of the Association, including, telephone, workstations and laptops. The position is part of the staff operations team, and reports to the IT Manager/Systems Administrator.
- Serving as the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance in person, over the phone, email or ticketing system
- Support users, analyze and resolve issues through proactive troubleshooting and root-cause problem solving
- Manage ticket queues to prioritize and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Document and escalate more complex problem tickets allowing for quick resolution
- Create and maintain effective documentation
- Assist with the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of IT systems including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals
- Ensure functionality of Association's video streaming system. Maintain audio visual equipment in conference rooms. Troubleshoot setup problems for staff and train staff in equipment usage.
- Assist with website support to include posting of monthly online publications, formatting pages with photo/video galleries and assisting staff and public users with needed plug-in and related support issues.
- Telephone System. Maintain Avaya corporate phone system utilizing on premise server. Modify user accounts, extensions, voicemail settings, and related functions
- Active Directory and Microsoft 365: Create and manage user accounts, permissions and security settings
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- A team player who has the following skills:
- Positive customer service attitude, including empathy for staff expressing frustrations during technology challenges.
- Effective trainer and communicator who can teach proper usage of IT resources to staff.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, especially through online research for solutions.
- Ability to learn new software and hardware
- Experience with Voice over IP (VoIP) telephone systems desired
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in technical writing or documentation
- In-depth experience with Windows 10, Office 2013, Office 2016, O365 Office
And who has the following education and experience:
- Associate degree or relevant life experience
- Minimum of one year of experience in the following areas: IT Support/Help Desk, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Microsoft 365.
- Solid experience in oral/written communications, multi-tasking, and communicating with all employees within an organization.
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 45 staff and an annual budget of over $4,000,000. As an equal opportunity employer, KCBA is committed to upholding an equity and justice-based organizational environment for the public, the client communities it serves, its members, its Boards, its staff and its volunteers. This means the organization actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork, and productivity among people who are diverse in work background; lived and professional experience; immigration status and citizenship; education; race and ethnicity; national origin; sexual orientation; age; indigenous group membership; religious preference; marital status; sensory, mental, and physical abilities; social class; gender identity; veteran status, as well as other differences relevant to equity and justice. The resulting diversity is both a source of organizational strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness.
Please note, one of KCBA’s programs supports attorneys working with parents and guardians of at risk children. As a result, certain convictions would make an applicant ineligible. The King County Bar Association requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, have questions regarding eligibility, or have vaccination questions, contact Len Roden at email@example.com.
This is an exempt, full-time position based in Seattle, WA, with flexible hours as needed and some local travel. Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000 (depends on experience), with excellent benefits. Benefits include employer-paid healthcare, 401k plan with automatic employer contribution, subsidized transit pass, flexible spending account, professional development opportunities, paid vacation, sick leave, and more.
Applications received by 12/23/2021 via email are given priority consideration. Resumes will be accepted after the submission date. Make “IT Support Assistant” your subject line and send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to: HR@kcba.org.