King County Bar Association
Development & Communications Associate
The Development & Communications Associate supports the bar's fundraising, communications, and marketing needs. Areas of responsibility include donor data management and preparation of fundraising materials; creation of Association promotional campaigns/marketing pieces for print and online needs; website content management including development of original and updated content; social media coordination and engagement; and special public affairs initiatives of the bar.
Direct Areas of Responsibility
- Development and Fundraising
- Communications and Marketing
- Website and Social Media
- Special Public Affairs Initiatives
Development and Fundraising
- Data entry, queries, and reporting using Raiser's Edge fundraising software.
- Tracking reports and related support for King County Bar Foundation fundraising campaigns including annual Breakfast with Champions and King County Joint Law Firm Campaign.
- Donor acknowledgement correspondence.
- Pledge reminders and sponsor invoicing/tracking.
- Annual donor report publication including liaison with freelance designer and printer.
- Support to executive director and foundation trustees including preparation of donor reports, follow-up materials, and related needs.
- Drafting of donor appeals including year-end giving circle campaign and annual tax deduction summaries.
- Preparation of materials for use in grant applications, tracking, and reporting.
- Research into potential grant sources.
Communications and Marketing
- Creation of requested membership recruitment, event promotion, volunteer engagement, publication advertisements, and related marketing materials for print and online needs.
- Develop ongoing communications informed by surveys and focus groups with messaging for multiple generations of lawyer audiences.
- Prepare promotional articles for Bar Bulletin newspaper to increase member awareness of bar programs.
- Coordination of blast emails including professional formatting and design, including producing monthly member enewsletter.
- Monitoring of marketing results metrics.
- Assistance with rebranding initiatives.
- Participate in creation of special event video production projects.
- Production of special event programs when not outsourced to freelance designer.
Website and Social Media
- Creation of new webpage content for formatting by webmaster.
- Coordination of homepage content (slider banner ads and announcements) and content placement requests.
- Daily tweets and monitoring of social media accounts.
- Development of LinkedIn presence for the bar.
- Identification of emerging social media and related new technologies.
Special Public Affairs Initiatives
- Draft and distribute press releases and statements.
- Prepare advocacy action alerts.
- Create public policy correspondence for lawmakers.
- Support policy forums including speaker recruitment and material preparation.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as communications, marketing, business, nonprofit management, or related liberal arts field.
Experience: Minimum four years of related professional paid experience in office environment. Nonprofit organization background helpful.
Abilities/Skills: Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines. Ability to work independently one day and with a collaborative staff team the next. Possess a strong work ethic and commitment to the bar's mission. Exceptional oral and written communicator with proficiency in Microsoft Office software. Experience with relational database program helpful, as is prior work with Adobe InDesign.
Schedule, Travel, and Salary
This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director. Primarily work schedule Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, with limited local travel within King County. Salary range $43,000-47,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits include 100% employer-paid healthcare coverage, public transit subsidy, and 401k plan with automatic employer contributions after one year's service.
Submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, August 11 to:
Human Resources, King County Bar Association
1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 700
Seattle, WA 98101
or by email at email@example.com