Domestic Violence Legal Advocacy Project (DV LEAD) Legal Case Manager
The King County Bar Association’s Pro Bono Services (PBS) seeks a Legal Case Manager to provide legal and case management support for the DV LEAD Project. DV LEAD provides pro bono representation to domestic violence survivors in contested protection orders, dissolutions, parenting plan and parentage cases. The Legal Case Manager will work with the Managing Attorney and Staff Attorney for DV LEAD who will oversee assignments and provide legal supervision.
The Legal Case Manager provides trauma-informed support to clients as they seek advice and representation with a domestic violence protection order and/or a family law case. Client support is provided throughout the various phases of the case from initial client contact through the completion of legal representation.
- Conduct client interviews to assess legal and non-legal needs, and support clients as they navigate legal options and the legal process
- Assist clients with ongoing safety planning and coordinate client access to community resources
- Provide legal assistance and draft legal pleadings as necessary under Attorney supervision
- Provide litigation support for the Staff attorney and Managing Attorney
- Facilitate client and pro bono attorney relationships
- Accompany clients to court hearings as needed
- Manage case referrals and monitor cases to ensure quality control
- Collaborate and promote community relationships between the DV LEAD Project and domestic violence advocates, legal service organizations, and other community partners
- Assist with recruiting and supervising interns, externs and volunteers as assigned
- Provide administrative support including organizing trainings, and managing client and volunteer data
- Participate in KCBA or Pro Bono Services projects or initiatives as needed
- A minimum of one year prior domestic violence work experience required
- Knowledge of family law desired but not required
- Experience working with diverse clients and communities
- Strong crisis management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Fluency in a language other than English desired but not required
- Good organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Four year college degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Salary & benefits:
Salary is $ 44,000-$47,000 annually DOE with full benefits.
About the King County Bar Association:
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, 40 staff and an annual budget of over $4,000,000. KCBA promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy. As an equal opportunity employer KCBA encourages people of diverse backgrounds apply for this position. KCBA defines diversity to refer to the inclusion of individuals who self-identify with those groups historically discriminated against, and which continue to experience the effects of such, and/or who are underrepresented in the legal profession including on the basis of disability, gender, presence of a disability, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. Learn more at www.KCBA.org.
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume, cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position, and three references to Human Resources, King County Bar Association, 1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 700, Seattle, WA 98101, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled. Screening has begun.
Please Note: KCBA is committed to employee safety during COVID-19. Currently KCBA is closed to the public, with staff conducting most of their work remotely. In-office work is allowed on a limited basis.