The King County Bar Association promotes and supports a diverse and collegial membership; works with the judiciary to achieve excellence, equity, and accessibility in the administration of justice; and benefits the community through public service and engagement in public policy.
Reports to the Operations/Administration Senior Manager. Collaborates with other members of the Finance; Operations; Member Service; Pro Bono Services; and Leadership teams to preform accounts receivable/payable and manage grant tracking and invoicing.
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments;
- Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits and collections;
- Manage the process of issuing 1099s annually;
- Enter credit card and petty cash transactions and perform monthly reconciliation of these accounts in QuickBooks desktop;
- Prepare monthly journal entries for prepaid accounts;
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards;
- Prepare reports and performs other functions as assigned by the Operations/Administration Senior Manager or CPA as needed.
- Track all grants including amounts; terms; reporting and invoice requirements;
- Work with other departments to gather additional reporting data for submission;
- Upload all grant reports; applications; and other related grant materials to the grants drive/folders;
- Work with accounting staff to prepare for local, state and federal audits;
- Be able to provide accounting reports to other departments
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
WHO YOU ARE
A team player who has the following skills:
- A people person with strong communication skills and a positive attitude;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to meet strict timelines;
- Flexible and adept at multi-tasking;
- Ability to read financial documents and spreadsheets as well as prepare budget documents, spreadsheets, and invoices;
- Familiarity with QuickBooks desktop;
- Proficient with MS Office.
And who has the following education and experience:
- College degree or relevant life experience;
- Experience with QuickBooks desktop required;
- Working knowledge of accounting processes;
- Prior experience working with grants and grant reporting preferred;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to track and consistently meet deadlines.
Founded in 1886, KCBA is a membership legal organization with over 5,500 attorney members, over 55 staff and an annual budget of over $6,000,000. As an equal opportunity employer, KCBA is committed to upholding an equity and justice-based organizational environment for the public, the client communities it serves, its members, its Boards, its staff and its volunteers. This means the organization actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork, and productivity among people who are diverse in work background; lived and professional experience; immigration status and citizenship; education; race and ethnicity; national origin; sexual orientation; age; indigenous group membership; religious preference; marital status; sensory, mental, and physical abilities; social class; gender identity; veteran status, as well as other differences relevant to equity and justice. The resulting diversity is both a source of organizational strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness. Please note, one of KCBA’s programs supports attorneys working with parents and guardians of at risk children. As a result, certain convictions would make an applicant ineligible. The King County Bar Association requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To meet this requirement, all employees must provide proof of vaccination approved by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, have questions regarding eligibility, or have vaccination questions contact Len Roden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position (40 hours/week) based in Seattle, WA with flexible hours that may require occasional local travel within King County. Salary range is $50,000 - $57,000 annually (depends on experience), with excellent benefits including employer-paid healthcare coverage; public transit subsidy, and 401K plan with automatic employer contributions after one year of service, and more.
Applications are due July 10, 2022 via email. Make “Accounting Coordinator” your subject line and send a letter of interest and resume to: HR@kcba.org.